Harsh Environment - Constant Wattage Heat Trace Cable
Our CW12 harsh environment, constant wattage heating cable is a proven, reliable solution for industrial process temperature maintenance and freeze protection. CW12 features a parallel heating core that produces uniform thermal output over its entire length. Using a single power point, you can easily configure and install a heat tracing system as short as several feet or as long as 780 feet right in the field. With the optional 392°F fluoropolymer electrical insulation over-jacketing, CW12 has outstanding electrical and thermal properties, and is well suited for most chemically hostile environments.
- Uniform Thermal Output, Low Energy Cost
- No Inrush at Any Ambient
- Maximum Exposure Temperature, Power Off, 392°F (200°C)
- Steam Cleanable on Process Equipment Up to 190 PSIG (Power Off)
- Approximate Size 1/4"W x 1/8"H
- Minimum Bend Radius 1-1/4"
- For Use on Metallic Pipes
UL Listed for ordinary areas.
CSA Certified for ordinary and:
- Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D
- Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G. Rated T3 Temperature Class*
Exception: *Cable surface temperature shall not exceed 190°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group F; 165°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group G.
WARNING — A ground fault protection device is required by NEC to minimize the danger of fire if the heating cable is damaged or improperly installed. A minimum trip level of 30mA is recommended to minimize nuisance tripping.