DS-8C Rain/Snow Sensor Controller
The DS-8C is primarily designed for gutter, downspout, and roof ice melting and small satellite antenna deicing. The totally sealed, low voltage, remote mount precipitation sensor allows the user to install the small sensor head in a downspout, the back of a gutter, or at the end of an antenna boom, up to 10' away, while keeping the main controller in a more convenient or protected outdoor location.
The unit is housed in a two gang PVC enclosure. The overall dimensions of the DS-8C are 4¾"(120) x 7"(178) x 2¾"(70). The unit weighs 2 pounds. The user may access all electronics by removing the four front cover screws.
The DS-8C can be powered from a 100-277 VAC 50/60Hz source. Peak power consumption is 15 watts. Input voltage selection is automatic. The unit provides a single 277VAC @ 30A normally open load contact set. This contact set is paralleled with a low power contact set to provide remote activation monitoring. Operational temperature range for the DS-8C is -40°C to +85°C.
- Automatic Activation means Lower Deicing Costs
- Reliable Rain and Snow Detection
- Full 30A @ 277VAC Control
- Universal 100-277 VAC 50/60 Hz Operation, No Strapping Required
- Replaceable Remote Precipitation Sensor
- Easy Installation, Full Access to Electronics
- 10 Different Functions, 1 Part Number, Simplified Ordering
- Adjustable Temperature Trigger Point
- Adjustable Delay Off Cycle with 30-90 Min or 2-6 Hr Ranges
- Adjustable Precipitation Sensitivity
- Super Bright Power/Activation LED Indicator
- Selectable Low Temperature Cutoff With Unique "Recover" Mode
- Smart "Manual On" Operates for One Delay Off Cycle
- High Power, Low Price!